The Traditional Village of Wae Rebo
The traditional village of Wae Rebo in the district of Manggarai on the island of Flores, East Nusatenggara, has recently received the Top Award of Excellence from UNESCO in the 2012 UNESCO Asia Pacific Heritage Awards, announced in Bangkok on 27 August 2012.
This small and isolated village was recognized for its rebuilding of the traditional Mbaru Niang traditional house based on the spirit of community cooperation towards a sustainable tradition, while at the same time improving its village welfare.
Wae Rebo is a small, very out of the way village. Located some 1,100 meters above sea level, where the air is cool and the village completely surrounded by panoramic mountains and the dense Todo forest. This tropical forest is rich in vegetation, where you will find orchids, different types of ferns and hear the chirping of many songbirds.
Founder of the village and, therefore, their main ancestor who built the village some 100 years ago, was a man called Empu Maro. Today, the inhabitants are his 18th generation descendents.
- Meeting assistance at Labuan Bajo Airport then drives to – DENGE or DINTOR
- stay overnight at locals house or Sleep in the tent which we provided. Spend the rest of the afternoon interacting with locals.
DAY II DENGE – WAEREBO VILLAGE
- After breakfast, Morning breakfast and Trek up hill through the rain forest to reach Wae Lomba – a creek as the first stop after about a one hour trek from Denge.
- The next stop will be at Nampe Bakok – a place where you will have a complete view over the traditional village of Waerebo
- Arrive at Waerebo by midday. Lunch and dinner will be provided at the village.
- Spend your whole afternoon in the village to comprehend the local’s way of life and its surrounding.
- stay overnight will be provided at a traditional house to share the experience of being in the locals home.
DAY III WAE REBO – LEMBOR SPEDERWEDRICE FIELD –L.BAJO
- After breakfast, then trek the same way back but this time you walk downhill until reaching a point where the car is waiting to bring you back to Labuan bajo.
- On the way stop at Lembor (spederwebricefield )
- Lunch will be provided en route
- Arrive in Labuabbajo by late afternoon or early of the evening.
AC COACH , ENGLISH SPEAKING GUIDE ,PORTER FIRST AID ,VILLAGE ACOMODATION
PERSONAL NEED ,DONATION , TIPS